In this section we will discuss on JMeter Test Plan in details.
JMeter Thread Group:
- JMeter Thread group is the starting element of the Test plan.
- It manages all threads that executes a test plan
- At least one Thread Group per test plan should be created
- Thread group control panel has several key component that you can set.
- Each Thread group controls the following
- Number of threads
- Ramp-up time
- Iteration of test
Thera are two types of JMeter controllers
- This defines what should happen
- Several samplers are available which provides ability to send several request types like JDBC, HTTP etc
- Logic Controller:
- This controls how samples are executed
- Several logic Controllers are available
- This is required to Modify request
- This Causes JMeter to repeat request
What is Logic Controller?
Logic controller is nothing but the control the sequence of request in a thread. For example, if you want to run the thread randomly or loop or simple, you can customize this in Logic controller.
Some commonly used logic controllers are
- Simple controller
- Recording Controller
- Loop Controller
- Random Controller
- Module controller etc.
Let’s understand each controller in details